- Contact new and reoccurring patients or caregivers monthly and/or as needed to coordinate prescription orders
- Provide all inbound callers with information regarding our products or services, take or enter orders, cancel orders.
- Review with patient’s or caregivers their medication coverage, obtain copay/balance, AOB or other pertinent outstanding information needed to keep on patients record.
- Ensure full customer satisfaction and maintain a friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Refer unresolved account issues to designated departments for further investigation.
- Document all communications, details of inquiries and actions taken in patient record.
- Transfer patient or provider to clinician for additional assessments as needed and/or required.
- Process payments in the form of credit card transactions and inform patients of past due amounts.
- Log into phone queue and support callers (patients/physicians; etc) needs.
Required Skills / Abilities
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Time management
- Active listening
- Complex problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Judgement & decision making
- Ability to work weekdays, including possible Saturdays and extended business hours, as needed
- >2+ years of related healthcare experience in Specialty Pharmacy setting or 5+ years of customer service experience in a call center environment
- High sense of urgency
- Commitment to excellence
- Patient focused
- Empathetic and respectful
- Dedicated and persistent
- Cooperative and knowledgeable
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Position Success Factors:
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Contribute to delivering a positive engagement with all internal teams
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment and under tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills; clear and concise, effective, patient, and courteous.
- A solid base understanding of operational roles within a Specialty Pharmacy setting
About Perigon Pharmacy 360
Perigon Pharmacy 360 is a national, independent pharmacy with dual accreditation from URAC + ACHC and one location in Pittsburgh PA. Founded in 2016 as a specialty pharmacy, we have continued to keep our personal touch at the forefront of all we do for patients, providers, and our partners in excellence. In 2021, we re-focused efforts to evolve with the growing need of embracing technology by bridging the gap between Digital Pharmacy and Personal Care through our exclusive use of the Medesto Health Enterprise Platform, created and developed internally by Perigon Health 360. Our talented team of Pharmacists have developed clinical protocols to support the needs of multi-chronic and specialty patients, to help successfully guide the patient through their healthcare journey with meaningful results also for our payor and pharma partners. Come learn more about the exciting difference we are making in healthcare. Learn more about Perigon Health 360 here.