Patient Care Coordinator
The Patient Care Coordinator will handle inbound and outbound calls while developing and maintaining relationships with existing patients and providers to ensure outstanding customer service and resolve issues by offering solutions, explanations, and options to patients, caregivers, providers, and any additional call types.
Position Success Factors:
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Contribute to delivering a positive engagement with all internal teams
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment and under tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills; clear and concise, effective, patient, and courteous.
- A solid base understanding of operational roles within a Specialty Pharmacy setting
- Contact new and reoccurring patients or caregivers monthly and/or as needed to coordinate prescription orders
- Provide all inbound callers with information regarding our products or services, take or enter orders, cancel orders or obtain details of complaints.
- Review with patients or caregivers their medication coverage, obtain copay/balance, AOB, or other pertinent outstanding information needed to keep on patients record.
- Ensure full customer satisfaction and maintain a friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Refer unresolved account issues to designated departments for further investigation.
- Document all communications, details of inquiries, and actions taken in a patient record.
- Transfer patient or provider to clinician for additional assessments as needed and/or required.
- Process payments in the form of credit card transactions and inform patients of past due amounts.
- Log into phone queue and support callers (patients/physicians; etc) needs.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Time management
- Active listening
- Complex problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Judgement & decision making
- Ability to work weekdays, including possible Saturdays and extended business hours, as needed
- >2+ years of related healthcare experience in Specialty Pharmacy setting or 5+ years of customer service experience in a call center environment
- High sense of urgency
- Commitment to excellence
- Empathetic and respectful
- Dedicated and persistent
- Cooperative and knowledgeable
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet and exceed industry standards in all duties as outlined above. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action; up to and including termination of employment.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this summary amended at any time.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.