Perigon Health 360 is in need of an Embedded Engineer to design and develop the PCBA hardware boards and firmware that drives our award-winning IoT Medesto Dispenser.
We are a small, highly focused team of subject matter experts that care about each other, our home lives, and our team’s success. We have a fantastic culture built on respect and ownership – and we want you to be a part of it.
You’re responsible for working in our fast-moving Engineering department developing and maintaining new products and features, staying up to date on the latest best practices, and working them into our strategy.
A start-up environment means there is considerable responsibility and ownership of this function along with a significant opportunity to do amazing things! This position requires a self-motivated person with great communication skills who is multi-talented, a resourceful team player, and has experience building scalable, well-documented, maintainable, and secure products.
The Perigon Health 360 team is focused on empowering one another to build an incredible experience for our customers. We take pride in our work and put in the extra effort as we all have people in our lives who benefit from our product.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience in embedded systems and IoT devices
- Strong C language skills
- Well versed in microcontrollers (preferably STM, EspressIF, and Nordic) and their peripherals
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols (Cellular, WiFi, BLE, Sub-GHz) is a plus
- Ability to read, write and interpret schematics and other hardware documentation
- Working knowledge of oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and related test/measurement equipment
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in CS/EE or equivalent
- Experience with STM32 and NXP microcontrollers
- Hands-on bring-up, debugging, and optimization of production systems
- Experience with manufacturing, on-site experience in Asia a plus
- There is a high degree of autonomy in day-to-day responsibilities, but some of the things we expect:
- Design, source components, develop PCBA hardware to be prototyped and mass-produced
- Write the embedded firmware to controller IOT Tespo countertop dispenser
- Design, estimate, and code new features
- Architect new applications and expand existing
- Help define, document, and enforce Engineering standards
- Perform team member/peer code review
- Participate in software design discussions
- Own and lead key projects from start to finish with milestones and deadlines
- GitHub and Project Management knowledge and experience.
- Ability to work well with a motivated team to accomplish the task
- Ability to refactor existing code
- Extensive experience using ARM architecture, peripherals, and communication protocols such as UART, SPI, I2C, etc…
- Experience with any Embedded Real-Time Operating System
- Experience designing circuits and bringing them to life with manufacturers
- Knowledge of PCBA manufacturing and testing jigs
- Eagle/Fusion360 or Altium Experience
- Comfortability with hands-on Soldering!!!
- Experience using a Pick-n-Place and Thermal Reflow Oven (We have one to play with!)
- Experience building and troubleshooting PCBAs
- Experience maintaining/configuring AWS services with IoT hardware devices
- Startup experience
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision
- Paid time off
- 7 paid holidays each year
- Snacks and beverages to fuel your creativity
- Employee options
- Team events and social gatherings
- Full line of Tespo Vitamins and services to all employees and their families
Why Join Perigon Health 360?
The opportunity to disrupt healthcare-as-usual and positively impact millions of people’s lives does not come often. If making this kind of a difference motivates you, start the conversation today.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.